Sunday, August 5, 2012

5 days post op.

As I sit here watching Jillian color with her brother and sister I can't believe she had open heart surgery 6 days ago. She looks so good, her color hasn't looked this pink for a couple years, she has more energy then she has ever had. Jillian has always been a little grumpy, I know this was due to her heart, she never really felt "good".  Since coming home from the hospital she is so happy, She says she feels good!  Her incision site is painful for her but overall I think she feels better than she ever has:)  Here's to five to eight years of feeling great!

I am relieved this past us, I am happy she feels so good but I can't help but feel a little guilty.  We have so many good heart friends and a lot of them have to endure so much pain and heartache. Three of them Matthew (4yrs), Kaidence(5yrs) and Kylie(3yrs) are waiting for heart transplants and will be at Primary's until they get them, which has already been months for all of them!  I can't imagine what this must be like for their parents and families. Their moms stay with them practically around the clock, putting their lives on hold, relying on others to take care of their homes and other kids. These kids are hooked up to more tubes and wires than you can imagine but their spirits are amazing!  They have a way of making everyone around them happy!  Every time I see them or read updates from their moms it puts my life in perspective, I often wonder how much more they will have to or can endure. My heart aches for these families, they are in a position where someone else's child must return to heaven in order for theirs to live, I don't know how they do what they do but they are my hero's!

Please pray for our cute friends, they need them!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that she is not only doing well, but doing better than before! I will keep your heart friends in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete